<bgsound loop='infinite' src='http://www.tunescoop.com/play/323132333131/disney-the-lion-king-the-circle-of-life-mp3'></bgsound> D&C 18:15-16 and great will be your joy! | CAPE TOWN MISSION

Sunday, January 22, 2012

D&C 18:15-16 and great will be your joy!

Ask us if we are having fun yet.
I love this ear.....well I love his tie!
Sweet reunion!

L-R: Beverly Retronnell Soko, Angela Nicollate Zenda Soko, Mark Elliot Soko & Sister Henderson

Joshua

L-R: Elder Mukasa, Beverly, Angela, Mark, Sis H & Elder Bryers



L-R: Beverly, Angela, Mark and cousin, Brian Fenga


    This trumps any P-Day any where any how hands down. Upon arriving in Cape Town Elder Henderson had to promptly return to the states for his mother's funeral. The first Sunday I attended church was with Elder and Sister Mahler. They were assigned to the Langa Branch, in Langa.
I was sitting by a woman and we started to talk. I assumed she was a member of the church but as we were talking I found out a little bit about her. She told me she had to work on some Sundays and her children, daughter Beverly 15, and son Mark 11, started to come to our church. They were not members. She said she had a hard time getting them to go to church with her. This particular Sunday she decided to come herself and see what it was that was attracting her children. Angela told me her husband, Elliot Soko, had died about six months ago. It was then I told her about Heath and his death. How the gospel had made such a difference in our life and given us hope for an enternal family. I asked her for her e-mail address and since that time we have been mailing back and forth.
    Today, January 22, 2012. ANGELA NICOLLATE ZENDA SOKO, along with her two beautiful children were baptised members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day-Saints. The joy felt this day has been amazing. This sweet woman and I have truly become sisters. She looks forward to going to Jonhannesburg to be selaed in the temple with her husband....we hope to go with her.
    I felt through the spirit that I should give her a set of scriptures. I had asked about ordering some but was told it depended on whether there were any available in the Johannesburg office. Then Sister Oldham remembered that there was a set at the office that someone had ordered but decided they didn't want. We gave them to Angela. Never have I given anyone a gift with such a reaction. She had been asking her cousin Brother Brian Fenga, who is a member, how she could buy some. She shouted for joy, not once but it continued for about five to ten minutes. JOY-JOY-JOY.......Pure JOY, what an a "Amazing" day!!

1 comments:

Kristine said...

hey there my friends... loving you so much. Thankful for the blog spot to keep Pete and I up to date. It's not easy but it is such a profound blessing to be in His service that the, "not easy spots" just fade away on the horizon of joy. Bless you

Post a Comment