<bgsound loop='infinite' src='http://www.tunescoop.com/play/323132333131/disney-the-lion-king-the-circle-of-life-mp3'></bgsound> "And Let There Be Light" | CAPE TOWN MISSION

Thursday, May 17, 2012

"And Let There Be Light"

As we arrived at the Bellville Stake Center, the chapel as well as the entire hillside was covered with darkness. Everyone was in a scurry with flashlights and nervous anticipation as the BYU Young Ambassador cast members were about to arrive. They needed to be fed before their performance at 7 p.m.  I watched the brethren talk about getting on the roof and such things to correct the dilemma when the thought occurred to me, as it most often does...."Why don't they pray about it?" I called to several of the elders, about 10, and to my good husband to come to the parking lot. Elder Henderson was totally supportive of this as he has seen first hand the power of faith and what it can do. We stood in a circle and held hands like we do at home with family prayer. Elder Henderson called upon me to say the prayer. I ask Father in Heaven if He would bring the lights back on. When asking I always conclude by saying if Thy will be done and if there is no greater purpose for the problem. In less than 10 minutes the light returned and never left us in the dark again that night. Later I reminded the elders to be sure and thank Heaven Father for what He had done for us this night. They called it a miracle.......we did too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment