<bgsound loop='infinite' src='http://www.tunescoop.com/play/323132333131/disney-the-lion-king-the-circle-of-life-mp3'></bgsound> CAPE TOWN MISSION

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

It all began with a kiss......actually it really did. It was February 19th of this year. We were entertaining and enjoying the love of our many friends and family at our "50th" Wedding Anniversary. President John Watson came through the line. He embraced our two hands in his and admonished us to consider going on a mission. He told us that we were at the very top of his list of those in the stake he felt should go. I was in awe. Have I thought about it? Of course! But not now...later when all the grand kids reach that day when our involvement in their lives was not primary.
A few weeks pasted and Karl approached me one evening as I was sitting on the couch. He told me that he had been thinking about a mission even before President Watson had said anything and had even prayed about it. My mind started racing a hundred miles a minute. What about the grand kids, our home and my kitties? It was more than I wanted to think about. You know how you think about something that makes your heart hurt and bring tears to your eyes......I just wouldn't think about it and it would go away. This turned out to be an impossibility. Before I knew it we had put our feet on a path of no return.

0 comments:

Post a Comment