<bgsound loop='infinite' src='http://www.tunescoop.com/play/323132333131/disney-the-lion-king-the-circle-of-life-mp3'></bgsound> 2 WEEKS OF BLISS!! | CAPE TOWN MISSION

Thursday, September 27, 2012

2 WEEKS OF BLISS!!

    My day began like any other, working in the mission office. We were a few weeks away from transfers so now I was needing too get the 34 baptisms entered in the two different software's. The African names are long and my talent with spelling them is short so it takes me a while. I was excited for the day to end as my mind kept racing ahead to the night time and our trip to the airport to pick up Ryan Taylor, who was coming for a visit. I had found a new friend by the name of Jenny Tonkin and we invited her to accompany us so she could meet Ryan..........
    See this picture. On the far left is my friend, Jennifer Tokin, and yes I am in the middle....but I ask you, do the other two people look like Ryan Taylor? Not even!
    As I was standing on tip toes looking over the crowd for our tall and handsome friend I failed to see my very own daughter walking towards me. I turned to Jenny to ask a question and as I turned to look again, there she was no more than 6 feet in front of me. I screamed and started cry, feeling like I was in another dimension. I no more gather my wits about me when in my right ear I heard the sweetest sound I could imagine, "GRANDMA!" I turned to see Amanda running toward me. Another scream left my lips with sobs of joy. IS THIS REAL? Apparently Jenny was there for the purpose of picture recording. A video was made and promptly put on Face Book for our world of fiends to share their tears with ours. Nearly 1 year since I have seen my two girls......it was heaven on earth.
    This roux has been planned since May, how my sweetheart ever kept from saying something I will never know. Ryan Taylor still thinks he is going somewhere really hot when he dies for lying. I wish I could post the video but it's just too large to download.
    Elder Henderson couldn't wait to say, "We got her!!!" You can get me anytime when it comes to this kind of a surprise.
    We went to our flat, Jenny returned home. Amanda promptly announced that she would be sleeping with me and could grandpa sleep on the porch. Us girls stayed up until the wee hours talking and talking, hugging and kissing and talking.
    The plane landed at 10:20 pm and we went to bed at 2:20 am.

2 comments:

phylmar said...

Fun to read your 'take'....I'm so happy for all of you! Couldn't have happened to nicer people.

Kami (tayo) said...

Truly one of the greatest moments of my life! Even as I stepped off the plane on that rainy night I wasn't 100% positive that you hadn't caught on to our elaborate scheme!! My mind was instantly put at ease when I saw your reaction! It was PERFECT!! I know it was a gift to all of us as every detail had fallen into place like clockwork! Our 32 hour journey with 4 different layovers between Salt Lake and Cape Town couldn't have been better! Amanda was the perfect little traveler and we squealed with delight as we boarded our last flight from Johanasburg to Cape Town! To know we were only 1.5 hours away from being with you guys again was more than we could stand! It seemed the longest leg of all! It will be a cherished memory for us all....forever and ever!!

Post a Comment